Log in

Carmela's · Online · Communication · Center

Simple Together

Recent Entries · Archive · Friends · Profile

* * *
I had one of the best Christmas breaks of my life, so I thought I would take some time and try to recount all that happened.

It started with the celebrations to end my semester. After my Contracts exam, I went with Schelly and Esther to Side Bar. Then, Antoine, Sarah, and I went to the house party that Sims #2 threw. Both were very fun.

The next day, my brother Donnie graduated with his MBA. Max and I drove to Statesborro to see. He had to wait in the car during the ceremony and while we ate lunch, but he didn't seem to mind too much. I slept most of the rest of the day, recovering from the day before. With Saturday came the oyster roast which was cool. Lots of people came, but the coolest by far was Jack Kingston, the congressman. Yes, my family is so cool that congressmen come to our parties.

I got to go to another oyster roast the next day as well. Ashley graduated with her accounting degree and had a roast. Lots of flip cup, lots of delicious foods, lots of fun, and a kiddy made the day amazing! On Monday, I met Mom, Don, and Wren and the kids at Negoyas for lunch and then stayed in a played with the kids all night.

The Sea of Lap Tops at my last final.

Antoine was excited!

Donnie Walking the Stage

My Beautiful Family (sans Dad, David and Lauren and the dogs.)

My parents rocking out at the oyster roast.

Ashley and Matt at her oyster roast.

Nothing eventful happened, except that I got a cold, until San Francisco. I left on the 18th, flying out of Atlanta. I have to say, it was one of the prettiest flights I've ever had. I got to fly over the Rockies, which was AMAZING. Then, the landing strip for the airport in San Fran was right on the Bay, so it almost looked like we were crash landing into the water but then at the last minute the landing strip appeared. Katie said she even reached for her flotation device because she thought they were crashing!

We took the subway (BART) to Val's house in Oakland and walked around to a deli for lunch. After walking around some more and hanging out until her roommates came home, we went to dinner at TGIFridays with coffee at Starbucks after. The night concluded with a visit to the movie theater to see the new James Bond movie, which was great!

We woke up the next day and had Val's roommate, Steve, drive us around to East Bay wineries. (I'm going to take a shower now, but I will be back later to finish the stories! Stay tuned for the updates!)
* * *